September 19, 2017 at Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A. (Media Room) 400 Crossing Blvd, 8th Floor, Bridgewater, NJ Breakfast 8:00 A.M. Program 8:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M. Presenter: Dan Berstein, MHS Founder, MH Mediate,
September 19, 2017
at Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A. (Media Room)
400 Crossing Blvd, 8th Floor, Bridgewater, NJ
Breakfast 8:00 A.M.
Program 8:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.
Presenter: Dan Berstein, MHS
Founder, MH Mediate, Certified Mediator, Conflict Coach, NY Peace Institute
This intermediate level program for attorneys, mental health and financial professionals will instruct practitioners to prepare for disruptions in the collaborative process by sharing a data based framework and interventions, to classify and address challenging behaviors.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify three types of challenging client behaviors;
- Classify challenging behaviors as emergencies, disruptions and communication disconnects;
- Describe the behavior response options of screening, prevention, de-escalation, emergency response and no response;
- Understand the value of behavior planning and describe how it helps professionals remain impartial, protect safety, develop practice transparency and increase practitioner comfort;
- Distinguish between principles, a plan and an impartial plan and discuss three sources of responsibility to guide your plan – personal boundaries, organizational policies, and professional standards/ethics.
SPACE IS LIMITED
Cost: $45.00 (Breakfast is included in registration). NOTE: Space is limited! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14, 2017 to reserve your seat!
Make checks payable to NJCLG. Please include your name and e-mail on the check and send it with the bottom portion of this page to: Alison DeMarco, 40 Valley Forge Drive Whippany, NJ 07981
This program is pending approval by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1 CLE credit. Please contact Susan Horowitz, LCSW at email@example.com for information concerning CEU’s for social workers. Contact Susan J. Friedman, LCSW at firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodations for disabilities and grievance issues.
(Tuesday) 8:00 am - 10:00 am EST