State Council Annual Meeting: Client Engagement Skills for Collaborative Practice
Presenter: Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq., CFLS, Attorney, Mediator, Therapist, Author, HighConflictInstitute.com
Developer of the “New Ways for Families” method of managing High Conflict Families
Date: May 4, 2016
Time: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Location: The Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township
Cost: Special $150.00 before April 20, then $175 for all registrations after April 20. Includes breakfast and lunch.
This intermediate level program for attorneys, judges, mental health and financial professionals teaches skills for dealing with the difficult behaviors of high-conflict people, especially in separation, divorce and custody disputes. Participants will be able to:
- Identify six skills that can be used to teach clients positive decision making;
- Teach and reinforce for clients a 3-step process of evaluating, proposing, and responding to proposals;
- Structure interdisciplinary collaborative team meetings to reinforce client-centered decision making;
- Respond to client and colleague resistance with empathy and education;
- Identify the four big skills of New Ways for Families;
- Teach skills of written email correspondences that are Brief, Informative, Friendly, and Firm.